Happy being oh-so-kind to Mother Earth! She will return the favor by making the tornadoes smaller.
Lettuce Soup With Tabouli Curry Biscuit Infusion
1/2 cup tabouli
1 cup hemp milk
1 block soy cheese (finely grated)
1 head lettuce
2 tbs curry powder
1 sprig mint (for garnish)
1. Drop the head of lettuce into 8 cups of boiling water. After ten minutes, turn the flame off and allow to steep overnight.
2. In the morning, fish the lettuce out with a pair of lettuce tongs. Strain the broth into medium sized bowl. Set aside.
3. Place the cooked tabouli in another bowl and mix with curry powder. Mash.
4. Take the tabouli curry mix and press onto baking sheet. Flatten top with mallet.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes until middle is crispy and top appears dark and inedible. Cool on wire rack and then slice into one inch squares.
6. Mix lettuce broth and hemp milk with hand blender until foamy. Add grated soy cheese and continue mixing on high speed until soup base is tender. Return to pan.
7. Simmer soup base over medium heat and when mixture begins to bubble, add the baked tabouli squares. Simmer for five more minutes for full flavor infusion.
Serve soup in a recyclable paper cup. Garnish with mint.
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Learn how to go green with The Mega Independent! This delectable meal starter is healthy for you and kind to the environment.
Enemies of Government Freedom
- President Obama Orders Own Speeches Sent Into Turm...
- Obama's 2011 SOTU Translated Into Layman's - For I...
- Obama SOTU 2011 Live Blog
- Green Recipe #156 - Lettuce Soup With Tabouli Curr...
- Tea Party Refuses to Moderate Rhetoric, Incites Tu...
- Public Service Announcement
- Obama's Moment
- TMI Poll: Dangerous Rhetoric! What Do We Do Now?
- I Remember Back Before 2008 When Political Rhetori...
- ▼ January (9)
- ► 2010 (79)